Our mission is to focus on training necessary to successfully transition into society via positive relationship-building, restorative justice practices and individualized well-being services. Through innovative programming, IBIU helps ex-offenders reshape their lives, reach their goals, and make successful transition from prison into community life.
In addition, our programs are open to all military veterans and homeless persons.
A) Training Programs:
· Readjustment Counseling - provided to help ex-offenders resolve psychological traumas and to help them achieve a successful post prison readjustment to civilian life.
· Life Coaching - Creating positive changes that you long to be present in your life. Help you to not only direct your life by allowing you the freedom to challenge your perceptions, beliefs, thoughts, and actions, but it will also help you to truly define what your life means to you.
· Financial Management - Program is designed to cover management concerned with planning, administration, and control of use of resources in monetary terms.
· Business Communications - participants learn how to handle the toughest questions with finesse and polish, techniques for maintaining your composure when you feel like losing your cool, how to think on your feet in meetings, interviews and impromptu presentations. No more regrets over what you wish you had said, and diplomatic ways to deliver bad news without creating bad feelings.
· Jobs Skills - training customized to meet employers' specific needs.
· "Green" Job Class - training customized to meet employers' specific needs of reduction, reuse, recycle, and waste reduction.
· Entrepreneurship - Program is designed to help individuals who undertake innovations, finance and business acumen in an effort to transform innovations into economic goods.
B) Volunteer Programs:
Youth Development Boys & Girls (ages 6 - 18)
· Community Outreach
· Health Education
· Sex Education from a Christian viewpoint
· Gang Intervention
· Tutoring & General Education Preparation